If you are comparing porcelain veneers versus braces to help you determine the best way to improve the look of your smile, both are excellent options for helping people achieve their goals for a healthier looking smile.
For many patients porcelain veneers seem like an attractive option, allowing them to achieve a perfect smile in a matter of weeks. But are porcelain veneers are not right for everyone.
Porcelain veneers are custom-made, thin porcelain tooth-colored shells designed to cover the front surfaces of the teeth. Porcelain veneers cover tooth imperfections by acting as a new tooth surface. Porcelain veneers are an ideal treatment for many dental issues, including:
• Chipped teeth
• Discolored teeth
• Slightly misaligned teeth, uneven teeth, or irregularly shaped teeth
• Teeth with gaps between them
• Worn down teeth
Disadvantages Of Porcelain Veneers
• Porcelain veneers treatment is irreversible
• Porcelain veneers address esthetic issues only
• Teeth with veneers can still experience decay
• Porcelain veneers are a treatment option for adults only
• Porcelain veneers are not the best treatment for severely crooked or misaligned teeth
Invisalign corrects dental issues while remaining completely inconspicuous. A series of aligners slowly and gently guide teeth into their optimal positions. Every two weeks, a new aligner is switched out for the next in the series until treatment is complete. The aligners can be removed up to two hours a day. Invisalign can correct many common dental issues, including:
• Spaced teeth
• Overly crowded teeth
Advantages Of Invisalign
• Offer a more permanent solution
• Do not require any of your natural tooth structure to be removed
• Actually straighten your teeth where porcelain veneers simply cover them
• Shorter treatment time over traditional metal braces
• Invisalign uses clear and removable aligners and can be removed easily while eating and cleaning
To learn more about Invisalign, contact us today at 203-513-2014.