Updated: Nov 3
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for teens. For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. Technologies have come a long way since the days of bulky, highly noticeable metal braces from your childhood. Adults no longer have to fear facing co-workers and friends with colored rubber bands and metal laced throughout their mouths. We have several options of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
• Ceramic braces Ceramic braces are like metal braces except they match the natural color of your teeth.
• Lingual braces Lingual braces are attached to your back teeth only, so no one will know that you are wearing braces.
• Invisalign Invisalign consists of clear plastic trays that you can remove for eating and brushing your teeth. A series of trays are prepared by your orthodontist to progressively shift your teeth into their ideal positions. Invisalign is one of the most popular orthodontic treatments for adults.
• Smart Brackets Smart brackets utilize a technology known as “self-ligation” that allow the wires to slide back and forth within the bracket. No elastic or steel ties are used with smart brackets. All of these options lead to a more attractive smile that you do not have to feel embarrassed about.
Along with straightening your teeth, braces also provide the following benefits:
• Better oral hygiene • Bite improvement • Easier to clean aligned teeth • Less complicated dental procedures • Eliminate the embarrassment of crooked teeth
Once you’re ready to get started with your orthodontic treatment we can help you decide which option will best suit your needs. We will assess your situation and get you headed towards a more beautiful smile.
To get started call 203-513-2014 for an appointment.