What Can Go Wrong at an Early Age?
As a parent, you may believe that you can look at your child and see if there is a problem with their bite. If the problem is very obvious, than perhaps it will be possible. However, in most instances it is prudent to rely on the trained eyes of a specialist to detect a problem. And this is why it is important for a child to see an orthodontist for an exam.
Here are some of the possible problems that can go wrong at an early age:
- Difficulty with chewing and/or biting
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Teeth that are crowded, misplaced, or have been blocked out
- Upper and lower teeth that do not meet properly
- Improper jaw alignment
- Impacted teeth
- Severe crowding, with stripping of the teeth through the gum tissue
- Tongue thrusting and grinding or clenching of teeth Continue reading 10 Early Orthodontic Warning Signs Every Parent Should Know